Monday, June 12, 2017

Week 61--Land of Liberty

Hola Queridos,

THINGS I NEVER THOUGHT WOULD HAPPEN AS A MISSIONARY:
#44: Discover the magical land of Michiana: ๐ŸŒˆ("Michigan-Indiana") I don't think anyone really notes the difference because technically Michigan City is in Indiana. I was really confused if I was out of my area when the signs said "you're in Michiana." I'm also as far away as it is possible to be from the Mission Home. It will be a fun roadtrip this week for the new missionary training!

There is an interesting phenomenon that is happening. I think being white makes me look more hungry. The ward members won't stop offering me more food. Even if I started eating like five minutes ago. They don't ask if anyone else wants food--just me. This one Hermana asked me if I liked the main dish. Of course! I had taken about two bites, and before I know it my whole plate is more full than it was before. #happenseverytime๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿด๐Ÿฒ๐Ÿ›๐Ÿœ 

We've had some strange "coincidences" of meeting lots of people who were formerly investigating the Church. It's cool to see how much more prepared they are now for the Gospel. It's amazing to see how the Spirit helps them remember so much from a discussion ten years ago. It reinforces my purpose for me. Like Paul said, "I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase."๐ŸŒฑ (1 Cor. 3:6) Every time we give someone spiritual light, our testimony, it's a drop of oil in their lamp. They may not have enough oil in their lamp to have the light of Christ spark that wick yet of receiving baptism, but they will be so much more prepared later on. And the moment that someone acquires enough spiritual light, that's the moment they chose to make covenants.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day. We were able to explain to an investigator this week who had problems with the Book of Mormon saying the Americas were the promised land when the Bible says Jerusalem. I don't think we used this passage particularly, but the Book of Mormon makes it so clear that the promised land is a land given to the righteous to bring forth God's Kingdom, so no need to re-do the crusades. This has been on my mind all week:

2 Nephi 1:5-7: "Notwithstanding our afflictions, we have obtained a land of promise, a land which is choice above all other lands...Yea, the Lord hath covenanted this land unto me, and to my children forever, and also all those who should be led out of other countries by the hand of the Lord. Wherefore, I, Lehi, prophesy according to the workings of the Spirit which is in me, that there shall none come into this land save they shall be brought by the hand of the Lord....And if it so be that they shall serve him according to the commandments which he hath given, it shall be a land of liberty unto them."[?]๐ŸŽ–๐ŸŽ—

Los quiero muchรญsimo ๐Ÿ’—pero Jesรบs los ama aun mรกs!
Hermana Pugmire

No comments:

Post a Comment