Monday, June 12, 2017

Week 36--Pressed down, shaken together, running over

Hey Loved Ones!

Things I never thought would happen as a missionary #26 & 27:
  • Learn about the eleventh gift of the Spirit, "drunk radar." This one Elder  said to me, totally serious, "Since I've been a missionary, I've developed a really good drunk radar. The Spirit just tells you." He points, "See those people sitting at that bar over there? Drunk, drunk, drunk, drunk, drunk, drunk, drunk."
  • Hear someone ask the Lord to bless the food like this: Sister Estes in the ward is so funny and always tries new recipes: "I made you all a turkey roast! Hope it's good!" *mumbles* "O, Sweet Jesus, don't let it be burned..."
I seriously love serving in the Carmel Ward! It is seriously the most solid ward in the entire mission! I'm so positive. The ward members are so loving and supportive! There is a scripture that has stuck out to my mind this week, and I feel that the ward is seriously exemplifying that. It cracked me up because in Missionary Coordination Meeting we were talking about a member of the congregation who has been talking about moving apartments for years (because they "hate everyone in the ward") but will never actually do it. They wanted one of the real estate agents in the ward to do it for them haha! The Realtor in the ward said, "To be honest, it's going to be a complete waste of time. He is never going to move, and if he does I don't know why he wants to have me do it because there is no equity in apartments. But I'd be happy to waste my time with him, if it would make him happy."

The scripture is Luke 6:34-38:
"And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again.But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful. Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:  Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again."
Love you, but Jesus loves you BEST!
Sister Pugmire

No comments:

Post a Comment