Monday, June 12, 2017

Week 19--Those Who Will Receive You

Hey Loved Ones!

Things I Never Thought Would Happen as a Missionary #13 &14:
  • Witness a formerly excommunicated member be baptized. There was not a dry eye in the room. Now that she is baptized, she is so excited to be a member present at lessons and go to the temple for missionary temple day!
  • Hear the Bishop and his counselors quoting "Space Balls" at said baptism.
Something I learned this week was what it means by "those who will receive you" in Preach My Gospel. Sister Brown and I talked about the two characteristics of those people who are receiving us, 1.) being that they recognize we are representatives of Jesus Christ and 2.) they will act on the message we share.
Brian Ringer is one of those people who is receiving us. We had our second lesson with him. Earlier in the week before our lesson, Brian texted us and said, "Sorry if I seem sluggish. I stayed up late, but just downed a pot of coffee!" When we got to the lesson we asked him if he had any questions about church. He said no. We prodded him, because literally everyone in church had commented about how bad coffee was. He said, "Yes, I noticed that, but I was skimming through these 'Doctrines and Covenant' book that you gave me, and I saw the Lord's Law of Health, in chapter 89. It said no hot drinks, and it makes sense." He basically committed to live the Word of Wisdom preemptively. When we had our third lesson yesterday, he had been coffee free this whole week. He also committed to be baptized on August 20th, maybe before.

Also here are pics from Kay and Jerry's wedding. One step closer to baptism! Kay and Jerry are the funniest couple. They are spitting image of LaFawnduh and Kip form Napoleon Dynamite, just reverse the colors!

Love you, but Jesus Loves you BEST,
Sister Pugmire
Inline image 8
Inline image 2Displaying 174.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment