Monday, June 12, 2017

Week 15--Act in Faith, Nothing Wavering

Hey Loved Ones,

Things I never thought would happen as missionary #6 and 7:
  • While tracting, got asked out by a thirteen year old. Again. ("Well you don't look like you're that old." "Yeah, but I don't look like I'm that young either!")
  • Again tracting, (you get the best stories) quoted the lyrics from If You Could Hie to Kolob--my second least favorite hymn--to answer their question. But hey, we got a return appointment.
For some reason, I always seem to have a premonition who my companion will be. Sister Madie Brown! My new companion I actually met on Facebook before we came out, and I just knew we'd be together! She knew I would be out a few months before her so we had messaged and emailed about it. I love Sister Brown so much. Her sense of humor reminds me a lot of Faith, and I love Faith! I feel like we would be the kind of people to be best friends even if we weren't required to be around each other all the time!

She has a lot of faith too. My first few days of tracting in the mission were stellar. Our first few days were not. Pretty much nothing but doors in our faces until the second to last house. A couple of little kids answered. They said their mom didn't want to come to the door because she was about to hop in the shower. But then they said that she said we could come back. Little kids tend to say things like that, but we gave them a card and told them to tell their mom (Emily) we would be back Friday at 4:30. Friday comes, and it seems like a bad idea. They live far from where we were already proselyting and we didn't want to rely on a return appointment we set with an eight year old (haha.) But the Spirit constrained us, and we went. The first things Emily said was she didn't have time. We just decided to be friendly and invite her to church anyway, when she opened up and she said she was a former investigator taught by Elders, moving, looking for a new church, and trying to piece her family back together after a marital separation. It kinda shocked us such a great opportunity would come when we least expected it.

Afterwards Sister Brown said she thought when we were on the way there, there was NO WAY anything would come of it. But she had faith, didn't voice any doubts, and acted according to her faith anyway. I thought that was cool since being in that neighborhood in the first place was my idea and it seemed to be a pretty lousy one.
Love you, but Jesus loves you BEST,
Sister Pugmire

No comments:

Post a Comment