Monday, June 12, 2017

Week 18--I love this work

Hey Loved Ones!


Things I Never Thought Would Happen as a Missionary #12:
  • Have an investigator in her 60's tell us she'd love to set up an appointment but is too busy playing Pokemon Go.
I really love my new mission president! Everyone was telling us how strict he was going to be. We have a Sister in the ward who returned from her mission two months ago and her mission president was friends with President Carlson. She said that it was pretty likely that he was going to make a rule of no eye-contact with Elders. But so far that hasn't happened so I'll keep on pushing my luck. ðŸ˜†
Follow up from last week: Brian has accepted the invite to be baptized! He is currently playing about a date. He may have long crazy hair and piercings and gauges, but he is the most prepared person I have ever met, aside from Terri. We had a lesson with him at the Velasquez's house on Friday. What we didn't realize is that they volunteered for us to use their home in the middle of their son's birthday party! It was crazy, and especially with it being his first lesson I worried that it would be hard to establish purpose or feel the Spirit. But the lesson was amazing. Their less active daughter joined us, and her testimony of the Book Of Mormon was so powerful. He said he had already been praying about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon and if this was the right Church before we even asked him! He said he's received that confirmation. 
Also, KAY GOT MARRIED THIS WEEK! I will send pics and tell about it next week.
Love you, But Jesus Loves You BEST
Sister Pugmire

No comments:

Post a Comment