Monday, June 12, 2017

Week 58--Psalm 82:6 I Am A Child Of God

Hey Loved Ones,

THINGS I NEVER THOUGHT WOULD HAPPEN AS A MISSIONARY:
#43: Be in a trio with a fellow Meridianite! Sister Annelise Gardiner and me and Sister Giles have been in a trio this week! Slumber party every night 😂 She went to Mountain View High School. Aunt Tara first told me she would be coming to this mission and I was thinking "yeah, I'll never meet her" and now we've been companions!

So naturally we had to take artsy pictures in the wilderness:




Miracle of the weekWe'd been trying to contact people that had formerly met with missionaries all Saturday with no success. We got the the very last names on the list; we knocked, and no answer from any door. Meanwhile, another couple had stepped outside across the street. We started a conversation and gave a brief overview of the idea of the Restoration, and they seemed open but did not give us an appointment. We got their number and tried calling and texting but no answer. Finally felt prompted to call them one more time. 

The husband Anthony answered and apologized for getting back to us but wanted to schedule a time when the whole family could be present. He was SO POLITE and asked us if he they could provide snacks and wanted to make sure pop wasn't against the Word of Wisdom. When we came to see them, they were very eager and so kind. Shawnee the wife was raised pretty devoutly wiccan. Anthony was raised devoutly Pentecostal--speaking in tongues kind. They've encountered a lot of confusion and weren't even sure they believe in any God recognized by man. They said our faith was one of the only faiths they hadn't studied in depth. They loved every bit of the Restoration! We would read certain definitions for words like Priesthood and Apostasy, and Shawnee would just exclaim, "Wow, I LOVE that!" I've never met people more excited about the Restoration. At the end, Anthony agreed to pray to Heavenly Father. It was so powerful to see someone who before didn't really know where his prayers were going, to hearing him pray to the literal Father of our spirits.

For a spiritual thought, short but powerful: "I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High."

​Also, I'm leaving Cbus! I'm being transferred tomorrow to Elkart Indiana! And I will be speaking Spanish for the rest of my mission! We will be the first Spanish Sister missionaries in Indiana history. Kind of scary, but excited for the road ahead. I'll never forget Columbus or the people here.

Zaharakos.

Keeping up with The Joneses!!

​Derika <3 Someday...she will get baptized and i will be there.
My cousins in Columbus! The Flints. their daughter married my Dad's cousin Ben Eborn.


Y te quiero, pero JesuCristo te quiere MAS!
Sister Pugmire

No comments:

Post a Comment