Monday, June 12, 2017

Week 33--Believe in the Redemption of Christ

Hey Loved Ones,

Before this week I basically hated exchanges. They were almost never fun.  But this week I had the best exchange I've ever had this week with Sister Williams!  It was especially cool because a year ago, she was a trainee and then a trainer in Carmel. Something felt "off" about the plans that we had made that morning, so we went to visit someone that she had in mind, Sue. At the time Sister Williams suggested Sue, I had no recollection of her. But the minute she opened the door, I recalled that I had talked with Sue several times on the phone before, and she invited us back after her trip was done with, which she said she would be getting back from the first week of November! BUT as fate would have it, she had gotten back from Switzerland literally the night before. 🍫 I remembered so vividly how excited I was to meet Sue, and had written down the date she was supposed to be back. It was the most massive stupor of thought I've ever experienced,🤐😵which was a huge blessing because otherwise I probably would have told Sister Williams Sue was out of town. Sue was very touched to see Sister Williams again, and said she really wanted to "get serious" about investigating the Gospel, and make it a regular thing! Um, can do, Sue!

We also decided to tract, because I secretly like tracting 🏠 and we don't do it hardly ever because 10% of doors actually open for us, and 0% listen, which yields 0 new investigators. We went to a pretty affluent neighborhood that Sister Williams said had never been tracted. The last door we knocked on a lady named Suzanne answered, invited us in, and said she had been fascinated by the temple when it opened, but said she never knew anyone who could teach her more. She also said she has a group of 11 ladies that do a Bible study at her house who are interested in our faith as as well. She asked us to come teach her group! 😶 What. Just. Happened.

I had another cool experience this week. Sometimes you don't get to see the Spirit working through you, but sometimes you do. We went to visit a less-active who had just had surgery with her visiting teacher Sister Markham. The love Sister Markham has for her is incredible, and she talked the entire drive about how strong her faith is even though she doens't make it to church much. We had a nice visit, and as we got ready to leave Sister Sorensen said, "Sister Pugmire has a scripture thought for you!" I had nothing in my brain.😮 But as I skimmed my scriptures and heard a whipser say "Alma 15." I had no idea what that chapter might be.📖 It turned out to be the passage where Zeezrom is sick and can't walk, and Alma tells him his faith will heal not only his body but spirit, which will lead to salvation. It was so PERFECT because it related to her knee surgery so well! Small miracle but, it meant a lot to me.


 " And it came to pass that Alma said unto him, taking him by the hand: Believest thou in the power of Christ unto salvation?  And he answered and said: Yea, I believe all the words that thou hast taught. And Alma said: If thou believest in the redemption of Christ thou canst be healed. And he said: Yea, I believe according to thy words. And then Alma cried unto the Lord, saying: O Lord our God, have mercy on this man, and heal him according to his faith which is in Christ. And when Alma had said these words, Zeezrom leaped upon his feet, and began to walk; and this was done to the great astonishment of all the people; and the knowledge of this went forth throughout all the land of Sidom."
And again, I love you, but Jesus loves ya best.
Sister Pugmire

No comments:

Post a Comment