Monday, June 12, 2017

The most insane week of my mission...Week 59

Hola Queridos,
I was so sad to leave Columbus! Really an unforgettable place. {Pics to follow.} We had been meeting with a lady named Cassandra. She was a referral and initially agreed to meet with the missionaries because she didn't want to see them go to hell, and wanted to convert them. But she totally had a change of heart. She said it hit her that there might be something she didn't know. As we talked to her and invited her to baptism, she at first said she had already been baptized in other churches--twice. Once to witness her willingness to follow Him. The next time she wanted to receive the Holy Ghost. But when we told her about making covenants--making those promises to the Lord on HIS terms and not the terms of men when we did that sacred ordinance. She said, "I've never done that before. And I want that."
The promises God gives me if I keep the promises I covenanted to keep--they're more than I could ever wish for. No ifs, ands or buts, they will be fulfilled if we keep our end.

I was reading of the Savior's ministry in the Americas in 3rd Nephi 20:
"Ye remember that I spake unto you, and said that when the words of Isaiah should be fulfilled—behold they are written, ye have them before you, therefore search themAnd verily, verily, I say unto you, that when they shall be fulfilled then is the fulfilling of the covenant which the Father hath made unto his people, O house of Israel...I will consecrate their gain unto the Lord...behold, I am he who doeth it....And behold, the powers of heaven shall be in the midst of this people; yea, even I will be in the midst of you." {v. 11-12, 19, 22}
It's been the most insane week of my mission so far. And I am loving it. 
Hermana Rivera is amazing! She's really had to take the role of Senior Comp this week, as a brand new missionary! She's been great at helping me with the language, even though our first day together I told her we need to buy some swearwords.
The Spanish branch is AMAZING. This has probably been one of the highlights of my mission so far: We had a Mother's Day party Saturday. A lot of people brought their non-member friends and by the end of the night we met five new people who said they'd like to learn more! I asked them how long the party took to plan, and they said they thought of it the day before. Personally I think planning less in advanced is better because it doesn't give people time to forget or back out. I wish the rest of the wards would take note!

Los quiero muchísimo pero Jesús los ama aun más!
Hermana Pugmire

No comments:

Post a Comment