Monday, June 12, 2017

Week 28--Mysteries of God

Hey Loved Ones,

Things I Never thought Would Happen As A Missionary:
#18: I'm in the Roundabout Capital of the World! (This is the midwest afterall.) Yes, Carmel has over 100 roundabouts, which makes it more than any other town in the world. Personally, I think it was the best idea in existence because there is NO TRAFFIC, but those who get carsick may beg to differ hahaha...
#19: Met a lady named Aquanetta. And yes, she was born in the 80's.

I feel like it is harder to stay busy in Carmel, and sometimes feel like I am just biding my time until we can meet with the investigators we have who are progressing towards baptism again. Tiffany was supposed to be baptized this week...still working toward that goal. But we met with Evelyn and Yiqun and it was probably the best lesson we have had so far with them. They have SO many questions and very deep seated concerns. But they accepted the invitation to follow Christ be baptized if they come to know it's true. It really makes me work harder to resolve their concerns, and to strengthen my testimony of what I already know to be true. "Seek not for riches but for wisdom, and behold, the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto you."

We've been able to identify some of the most pressing questions of the soul they have, mostly pertaining to the family of God and the true nature of the family on earth. "Are we really spirit children of our Heavenly Father? Can families really be together after this life?" He keeps quoting Matthew 22:30. I can give them all the scripture references I want, ask everyone in the ward (everyone knows about them and their questions already and has their own answers), but at the end of the day, how I know is I believe the words of the prophets. I believe they reveal the word of God. "We believe all that God has revealed, all that He does now reveal, and we believe that He will yet reveal many great and important things pertaining to the Kingdom of God." I believe that the Book of Mormon proves that these prophets are of God, and those who know Christ will know the words of Christ. And how I know is the Spirit of God has told me in my heart and mind. "Verily, verily, I say unto you, if you desire a further witness, cast your mind upon the night that you cried unto me in your heart, that you might know concerning the truth of these things. Did I not speak peace to your mind concerning the matter? What greater witness can you have than from God?" The most powerful evidence there is.

Until anyone understands this, they'll never know. "For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God." We're trying to help them recognize this. They have such respect for the word of God, and want to know the truth. The answer is there, it's just learning to recognize it.

"For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost, as well in these times as in times of old, and as well in times of old as in times to come; wherefore, the course of the Lord is one eternal round."

Te quiero muchísimo pero Jesús te ama💖 aun más!
Sister Pugmire

No comments:

Post a Comment