Monday, June 12, 2017

Week 37--Butter and Honey

Hey Loved Ones!

Things I Never Thought Would Happen as a Missionary: 

#28: Meet a Koi fish named Chubby. When you see him, you don't need to ask his name.
#29: Be companions with my MTC companion again! I'm with Sister Forseth! She has been one of my best friends since coming out on the mission. I sent in an email to President Carlson that if he ever wanted to put some missionaries together in the future who would get stuff done, it would be us two! Wish granted!

I have been transferred from the land of 93 christian Denominations (Carmel) and have been put in the Promised Land, Columbus Indiana! I am seriously sad to leave Carmel, as I met some of the most amazing people there and became best friends with Sister Sorensen, but I could not be more excited to be in Columbus! The joke in the last Zone Conference was that all the miracles happen in this ward, since we went around and told stories of how we found success and like everyone talked about the Columbus First Ward!

Sister Forseth and I have been working so hard. There is lots to do here and we see miracles on the daily! We've started taking our dinner break at 8 so we can stay out and work the whole evening! We're working with the Slacter family, and their adult kids Isaiah and Tiffany. Their mom Carmella is a member but because she is a nurse hasn't come in years. Their kids have been spiritually hungry and are planning on being baptized and bringing the rest of their family back to church with them! We also have Deniel and her mom Dannette, two beautiful girls from Jamaica! Deniel is only 12 but is a spiritual giant and the Holy Ghost really teaches her everything! Dannette already knows more correct doctrine than most I have met!

We also went to see some members that have never been to church, the Linders. Sister Forseth said they turned missionaries down last time, but we felt prompted to go back. They immediately let us in, and we had an amazing lesson! The Spirit was so strong! Their kids are really searching!

Christmas is coming up, and this is literally my dream transfer. In an amazing ward with my best friend in the whole mission, around the holidays time when the Church has an amazing new Christmas project. If you haven't heard, it's #lighttheworld GO AND WATCH IT! It is amazing and brought me to tears. Here's the vid:


We're going to work really hard to spread the light this Christmas, and we have been having so much fun!  My abs are sore from laughing so much.

I'm so thankful for this season, and for Christ. This beautiful passage of poetry has been echoing through my mind as I anticipate the birth of Christ. "Therefore, the Lord himself shall give you a sign—Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and shall bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel. Butter and honey shall he eat, that he may know to refuse the evil and to choose the good." (2 Nephi 17:14-15) Jesus was perfect, and this scripture reminds us that every thing he did was a choice--a choice for good, a choice for us.

Love you, But Jesus Loves you BEST!
Sister Pugmire

No comments:

Post a Comment